The statistics on video marketing are as numerous as they are mind-boggling. Here are just a handful of numbers compiled by Insivia that show off this marketing tool’s undeniable power:
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI (Syndacast).
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users (VidYard).
- Online shoppers who view demo videos are 1.81 times more likely to purchase than non-viewers (DMB Adobe).
- 55% of people watch videos online every day (MWP).
- Including video in a landing page can increase conversion by 80% (EyeView).
This small sampling of the countless polls, research, and feedback about video just confirms what we already know: Video is powerful. However, that knowledge isn’t beneficial without a dependable way to integrate video into your existing marketing strategy.
Because marketing budgets are stretched between a variety of channels, there’s not always a lot of room leftover for video. In fact, Buffer reports that 43% of marketers say they’d create more video content if there were no obstacles like time, resources, and budget. If you’re in this situation, there are several ways to take video marketing from after-thought to reality:
- Use content you already have. While video certainly is an excellent way to showcase creativity, you don’t have to create something elaborate and new for every video to be a success. Simply talking about your products or answering popular FAQs can rack up plenty of views. Consider using existing data you already have on-hand, like white papers, infographics, blog content, or expert interviews, to look for fun facts and talking points.
- Embrace informality. With smart phones residing in nearly every purse and pocket, it’s safe to assume everyone in your office has the technology to produce a quality video. With this in mind, get your employees involved in producing a handful of informal videos in-house. From short product demos to “behind-the-scenes” glimpses at your business, people will appreciate the authenticity.
- Distribute through multiple platforms. Videos shouldn’t be one-and-done. Take advantage of multiple prime placement opportunities, from landing pages to social media to digital catalogs and even email. The more places you post, the more views and responses you’ll get.
It’s never too late — or too early — to start taking advantage of the countless marketing benefits of video. And when you’re ready to expand the reach of your messages, then give your Account Manager at The Dingley Press a call. Integrating technologies like QR codes, TDP Mobile Apps, and TDP Digital Catalogs into your marketing plan will help you extend your multidimensional reach even further.