The Dingley Press is one of the largest printers serving the catalog industry and we are looking for motivated individuals to join our team. We are locally owned with deep roots in the state of Maine, and want you to be part of our exciting growth.
The Production Associate role provides a career opportunity to learn the catalog printing industry trade and be an important contributor to our growing team. The Production Associate is critical in helping their department achieve company goals and with a focus on safety, they play an important role in our process of creating high quality catalogs for our customers.
If you are new to a manufacturing environment… no worries! We have a training program to ensure a successful transition and set you up for success. If you like working with your hands, are a team player, enjoy learning something new, this position would be a great start to a long career in the printing industry.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, etc…)
- Company paid training & seminars
- Gym & Fitness reimbursements
Our Work Environment
- 12 & 8 Hour Shifts w/ Overtime availability
- Opportunity for advancement in pay and position through our Pay Progress Program.
- On the job training
More than just a job… fill out the form below and start your career at
The Dingley Press today!See detailed job description
The pressroom general workers job is to take printed signatures from the stacker and place them on to skids in an orderly fashion. They are also responsible for general housekeeping in the pressroom.
Essential Job Functions:
The job duties and responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for understanding stacker set-up and operating procedures.
- Continuous quality checks on the signatures as you are stacking. This will include laps, backbone and corners.
- Will notify the First and/or second press operator of any quality deviations.
- Perform tasks assigned to him/her for make-ready. This may include washing blankets by hand, helping remove and install plates & blankets, dipping ink fountains, cleaning water system, etc. He/she will also center all cocking devices on the make-ready.
- Responsible to keep immediate work areas clean and free of signatures. This means going through SIGs that are left on the floor or tables. Make sure to look them over thoroughly before throwing away. Jogging tables shall be free of signatures and clutter before leaving for the day.
- When the press goes down, he/she will work safely and swiftly with the other press members to get the press going again.
- High School diploma or GED Preferred.
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be physically able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to read instructions and communicate with fellow team members.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work overtime, when needed.
Job Type: Regular Job Status: Full time Pay Type: Hourly Wage Wage: 14.00 $1.00 Shift differential for evening positions
Potential to make up to $16.00 an hour.