The Dingley Press is one of the largest printers serving the catalog industry and we are looking for motivated individuals to join our team. We are locally owned with deep roots in the state of Maine, and want you to be part of our exciting growth.
The Production Associate role provides a career opportunity to learn the catalog printing industry trade and be an important contributor to our growing team. The Production Associate is critical in helping their department achieve company goals and with a focus on safety, they play an important role in our process of creating high quality catalogs for our customers.
If you are new to a manufacturing environment… no worries! We have a training program to ensure a successful transition and set you up for success. If you like working with your hands, are a team player, enjoy learning something new, this position would be a great start to a long career in the printing industry.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, etc…)
- Company paid training & seminars
- Gym & Fitness reimbursements
Our Work Environment
- 12 & 8 Hour Shifts w/ Overtime availability
- Opportunity for advancement in pay and position through our Pay Progress Program.
- On the job training
More than just a job… fill out the form below and start your career at
The Dingley Press today!See detailed job description
Shift: All - 12 & 8hrs Shifts
POSITION: Full-time Production Associate
SHIFT: All Shifts – 12 & 8hrs
A production associate is responsible for; feeding hoppers and blow in card feeders, stacking mail pallets, bulk pallets, sorting and throwing mail bags, dumping stock, housekeeping, and other work upon request of the operator or the supervisor.
Job Responsibilities (Essential functions):
- Keep the machine running without delay. This involves working as a team to:
- Keep each pocket filled with the correct signatures.
- Keep the card feeders filled with blow in cards.
- Stack books off the machine on pallets, mail Sacks or Tray mail as directed.
- Rotate between feeding and stacking as directed. Communicate job instructions with other team members.
- Use proper lifting and gripping techniques and follow all safety rules to prevent injury.
- Perform stretches during required stretch breaks as directed.
- Make continuous quality checks on the books as you are stacking. This will include Bleeds, Trim, Inkjet and Stitches or Glue depending on what machine you are on.
- Notify the Stitcher Operator of any quality deviations.
- Minimize wasted materials, and track what is thrown away with clicker counters.
- Perform general housekeeping in respective work area.
- Perform tasks as assigned for make-ready. This may include changing suckers, getting raw material stocked for next production and general clean up.
- Cross-train on various Stitchers, Perfect Binder, and Offline Comailer.
- Understand the “Team Lift” process and when it is needed
Additional Responsibilities (Non-essential functions):
- Training new employees.
- Assisting the operators.
Equipment used (if applicable):
- Powered Pallet Jack
- Tape gun
- Box taping machine
- Jogging table
Physical and Mental Abilities used:
- Attention to safety.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task (handle multiple task at one time).
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Preferred High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be able to read instructions and communicate with fellow team members.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work overtime, when needed.
Job Type: Regular Job Status: Fulltime Pay Type: Hourly Wage Wage: $13.00 $1.00 Shift differential for evening positions