Job: 0716- Tech Mech
The Techs, under supervision of a Maintenance Shift Supervisor or the Maintenance Department Manager, will perform skilled mechanical maintenance work in the installation, operation, preventative (service) and reactive (repairs) maintenance and modification printing presses and their peripheral equipment. Requirements: Grade II (entry level) basic mech or electrical skills/competencies gained with 2-5 yrs experience OJT/military training/trade school. Grade III or IV advanced mechanical or electrical skills attained with 10 yrs industrial experience / trade school or tech degree or specialty trade (rigger/millwright/machinist/electrician) – functionally need very little orientation or TDP OJT other than familiarize with printing equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Adhere to all company safety regulations and policies (LOTO/HAZ COM/PPE etc.)
- Installs and rearranges complex press, binding and support equipment
- Proficient with troubleshooting /diagnostics and repair of mechanical, hydraulic systems, and pneumatic systems including but not limited to web presses, pre-press, bindery equipment, baler-shredders
- Ability to read and understand various prints and schematics.
- Performs work in the mechanics skill area such as fabrication, welding, cutting, assembly, rigging, pipefitting or carpentry.
- Complete daily maintenance shift report
- Use of basic machine shop tooling
- Use of mechanics hand tools and inspection gauges
- Work cooperatively with press crews and supervision to solve complex problems
- (Knowledge of electrical systems & programmable controllers desirable)
- Proper use of parts inventory system (searching data base, logging out parts, ensure replenishment)
- Ability to handle (safe use) oils, greases and process cleaning chemistries chemical cleaning agents
- Ability to work flexible hours and days.
- Knows the location of all shop equipment
- Able to start and stop complex machinery
- Ability to use Hand and power tools
- Ability to operate Lift truck
- Ability to operate Man or scissor lifts
- Ability to use Ladders
- Good physical condition.
- Ability to work alone as necessary or on a team
- Self motivated.
- Ability to follow schedules and task lists
- Must be able to speak and understand clear english
- High School diploma or equivalent.