Shift: All – 8hrs Shifts
|POSITION:||Seasonal and Full-time Production Associate|
|SHIFT::||All Shifts – 8hrs|
A production associate is responsible for; feeding hoppers and blow in card feeders, stacking mail pallets, bulk pallets, sorting and throwing mail bags, dumping stock, housekeeping, and other work upon request of the operator or the supervisor.
Job Responsibilities (Essential functions):
- Keep the machine running without delay. This involves working as a team to:
- Keep each pocket filled with the correct signatures.
- Keep the card feeders filled with blow in cards.
- Stack books off the machine on pallets, mail Sacks or Tray mail as directed.
- Rotate between feeding and stacking as directed. Communicate job instructions with other team members.
- Use proper lifting and gripping techniques and follow all safety rules to prevent injury.
- Perform stretches during required stretch breaks as directed.
- Make continuous quality checks on the books as you are stacking. This will include Bleeds, Trim, Inkjet and Stitches or Glue depending on what machine you are on.
- Notify the Stitcher Operator of any quality deviations.
- Minimize wasted materials, and track what is thrown away with clicker counters.
- Perform general housekeeping in respective work area.
- Perform tasks as assigned for make-ready. This may include changing suckers, getting raw material stocked for next production and general clean up.
- Cross-train on various Stitchers, Perfect Binder, and Offline Comailer.
- Understand the “Team Lift” process and when it is needed
Additional Responsibilities (Non-essential functions):
- Training new employees.
- Assisting the operators.
Equipment used (if applicable):
- Powered Pallet Jack
- Tape gun
- Box taping machine
- Jogging table
Physical and Mental Abilities used:
Attention to safety.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task (handle multiple task at one time).
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds.