With Thanksgiving around the corner, it’s the perfect time to reflect on what we’re grateful for. Here at The Dingley Press, we’re continually amazed by the timeless strength of the catalog and the countless ways it helps our clients’ businesses thrive. With that in mind, here are the top ten reasons we’re thankful for this hard-working print media — and why you should be, too!
- It’s a multichannel machine. A catalog compliments your other marketing channels perfectly — and profitably: Consumers spend 25% more when businesses use direct mail and email marketing together.
- It’s customizable. Print options are limitless, especially when you work with a printer like The Dingley Press. Today’s options for binding, finishes, press quality, and size are limitless. A catalog can also bridge the gap between traditional and tech-savvy shoppers through custom digital catalogs, mobile apps, and interactive technology incorporated into print media.
- It’s your best brand ambassador. Creative photography, appealing layouts, thoughtful content, and unique print features establish brand identity in a way that few other mediums can.
- It’s tangible. When people physically flip through a catalog, their brains respond. Neuroscience Marketing reported on a study observing the difference between people’s reactions to print and physical advertising, and found that physical ads caused more activity in brain areas associated with value and desire. The subjects also had a better memory of and emotional response to the print ads a week later.
- It’s inspirational. A catalog doesn’t just convey information; it also provides lasting inspiration. The American Marketing Association suggests that the catalog’s transition from simple, informative layouts into content- and inspiration-heavy lifestyle publications has connected with consumers, who frequently keep these beautiful catalogs as coveted coffee table books to be flipped through again and again.
- It’s focused. Modern list-vetting technology means you’re sending to the right people at the right frequency.
- It’s family-friendly. Print media is the only marketing tool that reaches every gender and age group. Consider these statistics: Approximately 90 million Americans make purchases from catalogs and nearly 60% of them are women (The New York Times); 25% of Millennials consider reading direct mail a leisure activity (The Financial Brand); and 41% of seniors 65+ don’t use the Internet at all, so direct mail may be your only means of connecting with them (Pew Research Center).
- It’s profitable. According to the American Catalog Mailers Association, Consumers who receive catalogs catalog recipients spend an average of $850 annually on catalog purchases.
- It’s more environmentally savvy than ever. Printing practices are greener than ever and shipping is more efficient. Plus, improved print quality and content are keeping catalogs out of the recycling bin longer.
- It’s frustration-free shopping. A catalog is the best way to avoid Black Friday lines — or help customers prioritize the ones worth waiting in!
It’s true: Catalogs are a powerful marketing tool. However, as this season reminds us, it’s difficult to realize success without a supportive team behind you.
As one of the largest catalog printers in the U.S., The Dingley Press is big enough to have the technology and skillset necessary to develop the cutting-edge catalog you need, but we’re still flexible and customer-focused enough to build strong, trusting, and lasting relationships with our clients. So if you’d like to create a catalog your business can be thankful for, give The Dingley Press a call. There’s always room for you at our table.