This year the post office had many different postal promotions that could help you save money on your postage. This last program for 2014 is called Mail Drives Mobile. It’s probably the easiest one to qualify for and takes little effort on your part. Below is a brief recap of what you need to do to qualify. If you want to read through the detailed postal requirement document for this promotion click here.
- You must have a mobile optimized website, a mobile friendly website is different and doesn’t qualify. One QR code in any page of your catalog is required.
- The destination web pages must reside on a website platform that contains or is deeply integrated with a checkout functionality that allows the customer to complete the purchase of the product referenced in the mailpiece through a complete mobile optimized experience.
- The QR code must include directional copy next to it explaining the how and why
- How – How does a consumer interact with this code?
- Why – Why should a consumer scan this code?
Note: Your directional copy can be as simple as “Scan and Save”. Scanning is the “how” and Saving is the “why”. Of course you could provide more detail, such as “Download a barcode reader to your smartphone/tablet, launch the app, and scan this code to discover great products”.
3. Register for the program on the postal one gateway website. Your Dingley CSR can help you with this if you like. All we need are your login credentials. We register most of our customers since the postal one gateway website is not easy to navigate.
If you participate in this program you’ll save 2% upfront on your postage fees when mailing your catalog during the months of November and December.
Here are a few tips for creating a QR code:
- Find a reputable free QR code generate (use your favorite search engine)
- You might want to make sure you’re QR code is redirectable, which means you can go back and change the URL that the QR code resolves to at a later date. Sometimes you’ll have to pay to get this feature, but it’s worth it if you want to change where your QR code takes consumers.
- Never use an URL shorter with a QR code. There are patent trolls that look for those doing this to start a lawsuit against you. It’s rare but it happens.
Examples of Ineligible Mobile Barcode Uses (include but are not limited to)
- Pay a bill
- Make payment online for prior purchases or recurring services
- Sign up for email list, text messages or mailing list
- Sign up for online billing or paperless statement services
- Download a deal or coupon (and no hard copy certificate or voucher is mailed)
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes
- Sign up for a newsletter (electronic or hard copy)
- Proxy stock vote
- Take a survey
- Confirm a reservation (like a doctor or haircut appointment)
- Any link to a non-mobile optimized website
- Download and or receive text information such as directions/contact information
- Link to sign-in page for online account
- Link to webpage with information
- “Like” or “share” on social network site
- View a video
- Link to phone number or make a phone call
- Product for in-store pick-up
Let your Dingley sales or account representative know that you want to participate in this program so we can make sure to test your QR code to ensure you’re going to get your discount.
If you have any questions about this promotion feel free to contact us.