One thing is certain: It’s back-to-school season.
Even if No. 2 pencils and bright folders are no longer a part of your end-of-summer repertoire, marketing pros should still make the most of this annual tradition by getting into a scholarly mindset.
As we dive into the final quarter of 2016, take your catalog marketing back to school with these five proven tactics:
- Make a list. Not just any list, a really good For catalog marketers, mailing to the right prospects is the difference between success and failure; in other words, sending to a bad list is akin to teaching algebra to a room of kindergarteners — it’s not going to go well. Make sure you’re getting your materials to the right people at the right time by focusing on your list quality and effectiveness.
- Develop a lesson plan. Have you been keeping up with your marketing goals and benchmarks throughout the year? If not, it’s never too late to start. Analyze your data to see where you can improve reader engagement, cut shipping costs, or improve distribution methods, then quiz yourself quarterly to make sure you’re on track.
- Reuse content. You put too much effort into developing content to only use it one place, one time. Show off your material to a new class of prospects and clients by reusing it in different ways: Refine long articles into blog posts, create infographics from your research, and develop digital editions of your catalog. Not only will this increase the number of people who see your valuable information, but it will also make content development much less of a burden.
- Take advantage of new technologies. Invest in tools that make your life easier and appeal to new clients. From mobile apps to Augmented Reality, there are a plethora of digital tools that can take your catalog’s marketability — and your company’s efficiency — to a whole new level.
- Offer extra credit. Are you giving customers access to coupons? Rewards programs? Discounts? If not, you should be! Make it easy and appealing for loyal shoppers to access these perks by adding QR codes and other interactive features to your print and digital media.
If you’re struggling to implement any of these tactics, then give The Dingley Press a call. Together, we’ll ensure your catalog makes the grade.