The holidays are here, but that doesn’t mean you’re out of time for a few final marketing endeavors before this year’s lucrative shopping season comes to a close.
Last-minute marketers, here are eight ways to connect with your last-minute shoppers:
- Participate in Free Shipping Day. This year, Friday, December 15 is “Free Shipping Day.” Customers will be looking for retailers that offer this discount to justify their last-minute gift orders, so make sure you’re on board!
- Create a video. It doesn’t have to be a big production; grab the nearest smart phone and the jolliest elf on your team and start chatting about gift ideas, holiday sentiments, or even something charitable your organization is involved with this season. Then, share your masterpiece on social media.
- Promote discount codes and offers. Rotate through limited-time offers like discounts, freebies, product bundles, and shipping incentives, and then make these offers highly visible on your website. This way, customers don’t have to click away to search for deals.
- Tap into brand influencer relationships. Now is a great time to turn to partners who love your brand and ask them to share their product pictures, experiences, and testimonials on their social media pages. After all, sharing is caring!
- Personalize messages to segmented lists. If you’re keeping track of what people are shopping for and buying, sending targeted emails with personalized offers and reminders for those items is a successful (and speedy) sales tactic.
- Use Facebook ads. With Facebook’s help, you can have an ad blasted to a specific segment in no time.
- Simplify the shopping experience. Promote your most popular items and special holiday packages in highly visible places, like the home page of your website and social media pages.
- Reuse your content. Sure, your holiday catalog went out a while ago, but you can — and should! — blast its pictures, promotions, and festive content across your other channels all season long.
It’s never too late to reach out to your customers — and it’s never too early to start thinking about next year. If you haven’t already, this is the perfect time to give your business the gift of cataloging for 2018. The Dingley Press can help you develop and sustain the perfect program for your industry and audience, so you can rest assured you’ll be making your customers’ — and your sales teams’ — spirits bright all year long.