It’s no surprise that photography goes hand-in-hand with cataloging and e-Commerce. Great visuals are part of what makes marketing so successful. But have you ever wondered just how many sales conversions can really be traced back to pictures and other visual stimulants? If these statistics are to be believed, it’s a lot!
It’s a brain thing. While it takes a certain level of cognizance and focus to process auditory information and text, our minds are wired to respond to pictures almost instantaneously:
- 65% of people are visual learners. (Source)
- The brain can identify and process images seen for as little as 13 milliseconds. (Source)
- Colored visuals increase people’s willingness to read a piece of content by 80%. (Source)
- When people hear information, they’ll typically remember just 10% of that information three days later. But if a relevant image is paired with that same information, retention jumps to 65%. (Source)
Where is it most valuable?
Everywhere! In a world where “content is king,” photography and other visuals break up the monotony. They make your content stand out and will draw potential customers into your sales funnel much faster than anything else:
- Articles with images get 94% more views than those without. (Source)
- 67% of consumers say the quality of a product image is very influential in their decision to purchase online. (Source)
- Presentations with visual aids are 43% more persuasive. (Source)
- Visual content is more than 40X more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. (Source)
What tools should you be using?
Staying on top of visual marketing trends means embracing multiple visual marketing strategies, including photography, infographics, and video:
- Posts with videos receive almost 300% more inbound links. (Source)
- 9% of marketing pros around the world say that video is the content with the best ROI. (Source)
- 60% of marketers predict the use of infographics will increase in 2016 compared to 2015. (Source)
These numbers point to the most valuable statistic of all: We’re 100% certain that relevant, enticing visuals are more compelling than ever before!
Make sure your most influential marketing and product pictures are showcased in the best light possible: Ask us how we can perfect your catalog print quality and digital editions. We can also show you how tools like mobile apps and augmented reality will take your imagery to the next level. After all, seeing is believing.